Monday, May 19, 2014

Half-way there!

It has been a great month and a half! I started feeling the baby move around regularly April 29th. He/She seems most active after I eat. It's been amazing to feel this little one dancing around inside of me.

Steve and I went to the anatomy ultrasound May 5th. Steve finally got to hear the heartbeat!! He really enjoyed the ultrasound, especially getting to see the chambers of the heart while it beat.


Baby at 19 weeks...that is the baby's arm and hand...not bubbles. :)
My 19 week baby bump...the baby was the size of a mango!



Baby was being stubborn and wouldn't give good views of the spine and face. So I had to return 2 weeks later, today, May 19th for another ultrasound. I invited my mom to come along and she was so excited to get to see her 3rd grandbaby! Everything went well today. No problems or issues identified. I return to see one of the midwives in 4 weeks, June 16th, for a check-up.

Baby at 21 weeks, from today's ultrasound. Mom is convinced the baby is a boy and looks like Steve. :)



I've gained about 7 pounds so far and feel like I am finally beginning to show. My regular pants (with the use of a belly band) are long gone...maternity pants all the way these days.

Steve and I began our birthing class last Tuesday. We are learning about the Bradley Method. It is two hours a week for 12 weeks. We meet at our instructor's home with 2 or 3 other couples. We both loved it which was a huge relief because Steve was less than excited about 12 weeks of class. lol The instructor is fantastic and I am really looking forward to going back tomorrow.

As many of your know, my sister, Jessica, is also pregnant-30 weeks with twins! She's been on bedrest but doing so well. We are hopeful her little ones will wait to arrive for a few more weeks. I visited her this weekend and we took baby bump pictures.



In other news, Steve and I got married one week ago! We had a lovely ceremony at the Summit County Courthouse. My parents and his parents were with us. AND my sister was there via Google video! We went out to dinner afterwards. It was really such a special day. We'll have a "reception" sometime next fall once the little ones are a little bigger.



Happy May everyone! I will update more after my next appointment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment