Hi all! Everything is still going well in our neck of the woods. I met with a midwife (Jackie) for my first appointment at Paragon on 3/31. I won't always meet with the same midwife but that's ok since there's no guarantee who will be there when I go into labor. It went well but was a little anti-climatic. Steve and I are obsessed with the PBS show, Call the Midwife (watch it!). I was expecting someone like one of them but she was still nice. Not much to the appointment. No need for a physical exam or bloodwork since all of that had been taken care of by Dr. Nash. No ultrasound this time. She told me I would only have one more (assuming no medical issues came up) at my next appointment 5/5. I was so spoiled by the ultrasounds at every appointment with Dr. Nash. I can't complain, though, no medical issues = good news. She did use the Doppler monitor and I heard the baby's heartbeat. Still there! :) There were strange interference noises. She explained these were from the baby moving!
Steve and I will both be attending the next appointment since this will be the in-depth anatomy ultrasound. AND Steve will finally get to hear the heartbeat!
So, no major pregnancy symptoms on my end. I know-I am very lucky and very thankful for that. I'm waiting for the energy surge that is supposed to occur in the second trimester. I'm now at 15 weeks and the baby is the size of a navel orange. Pretty amazing! Not showing too much yet. I can tell but pretty sure everyone who doesn't know just thinks I need bigger pants or to stop overeating. ;) I'll post profile pics once I pop.
More updates after the 5/5 appointment. Until then-happy spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment