Some highlights from the past two months:
- Baby has remained head down which is great. My midwives say it is very unlikely that he/she will move out of that position. I have been measuring right on target. My blood pressure has been perfect too so that's really great. No gestational diabetes or anemia.
- I have been visiting the chiropractor regularly and it seems to help with the sciatic nerve pain. My pelvis was misaligned too so she has worked on that.
- I became an aunt!!! On July 10th, we welcomed the beautiful and brilliant Marissa Rose Slates and Parker Joseph Slates. I went to Columbus a few days after they were born to meet them. It was terrifying holding a tiny newborn...I had several moments of thinking, "Oh crap...what did we get our selves into". By the end of the day, I was feeling a little more comfortable. I've gotten to hang out with them a few times since then and they are pretty darn amazing. Steve and I are both much more comfortable with them now too. Thank goodness! Here a couple pictures to prove it!
At birth:
A couple weeks ago:
Steve even looks like a pro now!
With Marissa
With Parker
- Our birthing class ended. It was bittersweet. It was a long 12 weeks but we both really loved it. We've taken some other classes...CPR (what a waste of time...horrible instructor and really basic), Breastfeeding (great class at a wonderful place-Massillon Breastfeeding Center), and Newborn Care Class (really interesting stuff). We also toured the hospital (Akron City).
- As far as ailments go, still not much to complain about. On my drive home from meeting the twins in Columbus, I could not get comfortable! I just had this constant ache under my ribs on the right side. Luckily, I was on my way to the chiropractor. Someone (the baby) moved one of my ribs out place. Not cool, little baby, not cool. I've had some discomfort there on and off but I think it's more the way the baby is positioned than anything else. I only recently started having some heartburn but it's been manageable. Also, in the past week, my feet and hands have started to swell. As of Sunday, I can no longer wear my wedding ring. It doesn't help that we are finally having summer weather. But, again, can't complain. Mama Nature has been very kind to me this summer with below average temperatures and very few humid days.
- We've had 3 incredible baby showers so far with two more to go. This baby is so loved and we are so lucky to have such amazing people in our lives. The first was July 20th and was filled with friends, new and old. My parents hosted and we had perfect weather.
The second one was August 3rd and it was my family plus Steve's parents. Again, my parents hosted and the weather was great. This was a joint shower with Jess and Brian.
The third was this past Sunday, August 24th. Our dear family friends, Neeta and Rajeev Kishore, hosted an incredible Indian feast. The day was very warm but still so much fun. It was filled with family friends and some of Jess and Brian's close friends. This was also a joint shower with Jess and Brian.
- The nursery is pretty much done. We need to hang a few things and put more stuff away. We are also waiting for our glider to come in but, other than that, it looks great!
I'll be seeing a midwife every week now. Baby is due September 25th though I'm still pushing for an October date. Three generations of October babies (my mom and I have October birthdays) would be pretty great. My midwives will let me go over the due date by two weeks. The baby will come when he or she is good and ready. :)
I will try to do at least one more update before then.










Awesome update! Sooooo excited for Baby DeOreo to arrive!!!
ReplyDelete